I bake our regular sandwich bread at least once every week.The reason behind it is that it becomes a wholesome meal for lunch once a week and other than that there is always a loaf of bread handy in case we want to eat some thing nice and simple,easy to eat.Just whip up some side dish and salad and this bread serves a very hearty meal.
Here is what you are going to need:-
1. white unbleached organic flour -3 cups
2. water at 80 degree F/27 degree C -1 cup
3. olive oil - 1/3 cups
4. sugar - 2 tsp
5. salt - 1 tsp
6. active dry yeast - 1 and 1/2 tsp
7. dried Italian seasioning
8. Un-toasted Sunflower seeds
1) Mix everything together and kneed for some time till the dough becomes soft and smooth.Once attaining that state leave it covered in a greased bowl for at least 2 hours in a warm place.This helps in giving the yeast enough time to make the final result that is bread very fluffy and soft.
2) After 2 hours the dough will become the double of size .Take the dough out and keep it in floured surface and kneed a little more.This time the dough has rested enough and will be very smooth to touch.This is how the dough will look this time.
3) After kneading little like 4-5 minutes,start flattening it out in a rectangular shape.Like below.
4) Now starting form one end start rolling it into a log by constantly pinching the open end.Once you have completely rolled the rectangle into a log ,pinch the last two ends tightly.
5) Prepare the loaf pan by applying a little oil and dusting it with a little flour.
6) Now seam side down put the rolled log in the pan.
7) Cover it with a kitchen towel for at least an hour or till the roll loaf double in size in a warm place.
8) This is the state when it is ready to go into the oven.Preheat the oven at 400 degree F/205degree C and bake it for 20 minutes or until done(by looking at the crust color and tapping the crust which will sound like hollow.) in the middle rack.
10) Take it out form the oven and immediately transfer it into a cooling rack.
11)Let it cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
12) Use it into any type of sandwich you like.I mostly prefer making vegetable sandwich with green coriander leaf chutney,cucumber ,boiled potatoes ,tomatoes ,sliced onions .This bread also goes very well with the deli sandwich with your choice of meat ,chicken or turkey slices.