I have seen people with refined taste and at the same time a very good cook,but very few people I have seen who have a very refined taste but with no cooking skills.I have no idea how that is possible but it happens.
As the readers of my food blog you may have realized that my recipes are very simple with very few ingredients.So this recipe is one of them,very simple to gather things ,very simple to make yet very tasty.As a surprise this recipe came from a person I just mentioned who knows nothing about cooking at all however one of the tastiest egg recipes I have ever had.
So here are the things you are going to need.
coriander leaves- 6-7 springs
potatoes- 5(medium size)
cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
2 table spoon of oil
turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
corainder powder- 1 teaspoon
red chilli powder- to taste
a little bit of mango pickles cut into tiny bits(one and 1/2 teaspoon)
salt to taste
1) boil eggs,peel them keep aside.
2) boil potatoes,peel them cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
3) heat a non stick pan with oil and fry the whole eggs for 2-3 minutes till they turn a little golden(not too much).Take them out and keep them in a separate plate.
4) Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.In the mean time in a small bowl keep all the dry masala ready(coriander powder, chili powder,cumin powder,turmeric).
5) Once the cumin seeds are brown add all the masala at once and roast them for 10 seconds on very medium flame so that it dosent burn.
6) Immediately add all the cut potatoes,sprinkle salt and mango pickles and stir very well about 2-3 minutes.
7) Slice eggs into 2 pieces and add them in potaotes,stir for 1 minutes taking care that eggs wont break too much.
8)Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve as a side dish with rice or chapati.