I am posting a recipe of chicken wings which my daughters and my husband like a lot.They can not stop eating.The day I make chicken wings she announces me the best chef of the world.So here is the recipe.
Here are the things you need:-
chicken wings - 9 pieces(flats and drumettes included)
Cajun spices - 1 teaspoon
cayene pepper- 1/4 teaspoon(or more if you want very spicy)
smoked paprika - 2 teaspoon
brown sugar - 2 teaspoon
Sea salt- according to taste
Freshly crushed black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
ginger powder - 1/2 teaspoon
1) Mix all the above spices and marinate the chicken in it.Rub the pieces very well without pulling the skin off.In the beginning spices will look very dry but hold the temptation to add any water or oil in the spice rub.
2) Stick the marinated wings in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours .
3) Get the wings out of the fridge 1 hour before you have to cook,as we do not want to shock the wings with temperature change.
4)In a paper bag throw in 4 tablespoons of all purpose flour,1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt .Shake the bag and mix every thing together to dredge the wings.
5)Line up a baking sheet with aluminum foil.Put a gridded baking rack on top of the baking sheet .
6) Now drop in one chicken piece at a time in the paper bag with flour.Shake it an take it out ,and start lining up on top of the gridded baking rack .Do the same thing with all the pieces.
7)In the mean time preheat the oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
8) Put the baking sheet with chicken in the oven on the bottom 2nd rack.Bake it for 20 minutes and flip to the other side.
9)In 30 minutes you will see oil dripping out from the wings.Flip 1-2 more times.The moment it feels a little brownish and crunchy take the wings out of the oven.Do not over cook or the wings will become dry and chewy.Mine takes 30-35 minutes.
While wings are baking prepare a simple sauce .You can eat as it is but this sauce adds a little kick to the wings.
Here are the ingredients for the Wing Sauce:-
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce - 3 table spoons
Honey - 3 teaspoon
brown sugar - 1 table spoon
butter - 1 table spoon
Salt - 2 - 3 pinces.
Lime juice - 3 tablespoon(you can add vinegar but I dislike the strong smell of it)
garlic power - 1 teaspoon
ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon
Mix all the sauce ingredients together and heat it up in a pan.Once the butter melts and everything seems incorporated ,the sauce is done.
Now get the wings out of the oven and drop all of them in the pan with sauce.Stir the chicken well so that all the pieces get coated with sauce .Serve hot.
I will definitely post pictures from next time I make ,so that things become clearer.
This kind of chicken wings are healthier because there is no frying going on and you don't have to spend too much time cooking them.If you want to make a large batch ,just go for this recipe as it takes so little time and work to cook .You can spend that time doing something else.